HTML Map

6.28.2012

blog headache

Oh. My. Goodness.

I have literally been working on my blog all freakin day! I think my head is going to explode. I only took breaks to eat and to take the darn dogs out... Okay, okay I also went to Target and HEB for groceries, but that's not what matters here.

What matters is that I finally figured out how to make a decent blog header! And I found some really cool fonts to download so now I can use them in all types of awesome places.

I swear I've been starring at my computer screen for so long I think my eyes are fried. Seriously.
But I've got a spiffy new header and that's all that really counts right? Eyes. Pffssshhh. Who needs 'em. {Just kidding. I definitely need them!}

I'm not completely 100% happy with the header just yet, but as with everything else on my little bloggy blog, it's still a work-in-progress.

I spent hours trying to read tutorials and I found some great ones, but the one I wanted the most is a little outdated I guess, because the website it said to use no longer has the "HTML only mode" anymore. Which was a total bummer because it would have enabled me to changed the font of my blog to whatever my little heart desires, instead of having to choose from the entirely way too small and lame category of original blogger fonts. But, I'm determined to figure it out! You won't stump me for too long, you stupid little font-thing-a-ma-jig, you! I'll get 'cha.

I also had to download a new application in order to run Gimp {a photo editing software tool} but every time I tried to use the text editor, X11 {or XQuartz, the app} would "unexpectedly quit." So trying to figure out why it kept crashing was a real drag. After way too much searching and frustration and uninstalling and reinstalling, I then realized I needed to log out and log back in to my computer. Then X11/XQuartz would run properly and Gimp wouldn't shut down in the middle of me editing stuff. Geez Louise!

Next came the hard part - figuring out how to use Gimp in the first place! Holy jeebus! Why can't they make this stuff more user-friendly?! I've finally got the hang of it though, so hopefully future editing will go a little more smoothly.

Ahhh, the trials and tribulations of a newbie blogger. Fun stuff, I tell you. Fun stuff.

Now, I think it's time to hit the sack like this guy:


What a life. He's got it so rough, doesn't he? :)


                                                                                                      
                                                                                 


{P.S. I also figured out how to make a signature and how to get rid of the stupid outline around the pics and stuff. Pretty neat, huh? I think so too.}

1 comment :

  1. Im glad I am not the only one who spends so much time fiddling around with their blog..how people do complete website design is beyond me!!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave me some love. Your comments truly do make my day! :)